By the way, yesterday was the first day of Fall, in case you didn't know. So far, I'm liking the colder weather, but I feel like my body isn't quite sure what to do with it being snowy and in the 30s in September. Luckily, it doesn't really feel that cold out, since it's not a biting, wet, eat-your-bones kind of cold. Still. Alaska's a little weird.
I have to admit I giggled quite a bit, and I may have slowed down considerably so I could watch his dogs pull him on his scooter bike. It was pretty interesting! Once I got bored, I eventually got our coffee and headed back home, only to consume a billion of these delicious cookies I made!! Bam-segue! Actually, I was going to say these aren't that far off topic anyway, because they're kind of weird. Delicious, yes! But a little weird.
Also, if you were wondering, "Cap'n Crunch" cereal is totally vegan. It's not good for you or anything, but it is plant-based! I wanted to get creative, since I've been making and eating chocolate chip cookies for a couple weeks now, so I thought, "Hey! We have cereal! I might as well make some cookies with it, instead of eating it for breakfast! Yay!" Thus, I found a recipe and the rest is history.
Cap'n Crunch Cookies
adapted from CapnCrunch.com
makes 2 dozen
- 1 1/4 C whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 C vegan margarine, softened
- 1/2 C raw sugar (or less! These cookies are pretty sweet.)
- 1 flax egg (2 Tbs flax + 3-4 Tbs warm water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 C Cap'n Crunch Crunch Berries cereal
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
2. Beat the margarine and sugar in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Add the flax egg and vanilla. Beat well.
3. Gradually add in the flour mixture on low speed. Stir in the cereal, crushing some pieces with the back of your spoon.
4. Roll the dough into balls and flatten onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 11-13 minutes, or until the edges are slightly browned. Cool for 1-2 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack.