What kind of fun things do you have planned for the holiday? Baking cookies? Opening presents? Singing carols? Eating good food with friends and family? Hopefully all of the above!
I have a nice fun list for you to peruse this week, and I hope you look forward to #10, because it's a brand new (delicious) recipe full of holiday cheer!
1. Why not start 2013 off right, by feeling more alive??
2. We should all take the time to meditate each morning before we embark on our day.
3. I love this fantastic idea for a hanging garden! It's especially great if you don't have enough room for a traditional one.
4. On a much more serious note, I hope you decide to partake in this incredible idea to honor the victims of Sandy Hook Elementary.
5. Who says we can't daydream about living in trees?
6. Let's try this first thing in the morning! It's quick and easy!
7. Need some ideas for your holiday baking?
8. I might just have to try some of these tricks to enhance my mind. What about you?
9. These are great life lessons! Let's get out there and DO something!
10. I made some Cranberry Blondies just for you!
makes one 9x13-inch pan
- 1/3 C Earth Balance margarine
- 3/4 C unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 C packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 2 C fresh or frozen cranberries
1. In a stand mixer, beat together the margarine, almond milk, and brown sugar until combined.
2. Add the baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour until just combined, then stir in the cranberries.
3. Press the batter into a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Let the blondies cool slightly before you cut them, then serve warm!